Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Shipping Up to Boston...

Just got back from Boston. I was sent there on business, but it was my first visit. It's a great town. I would happily move there someday.


Mostly, I worked my ass off; but I did get to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. I spent an afternoon wandering around, visiting historical monuments, etc.

Part of my family lived in Boston for a couple of years between Ireland and the Homestead Act -- so I kind of enjoyed squinting my eyes and imagining the streets as they were when my ancestors arrived.

Just in case you wanted to know, John Hancock is enshrined beneath an approximately 10 ft tall snow white, circumcised penis, with his silhouette placed near the head like a slightly off-kilter, giant Prince Albert. (A Hancock headstone in the shape of a penis IS kind of appropriate, don't you think?)

I also spent my semi-insomniac nights in a strange (if comfy) hotel working on my Sarah Palin impersonation. It's such an excellent impression to do, because once you get the voice down, you just mimic all of the stupid/scary/ crazy shit that Dogmatic Geography Quayle 2.0 keeps spouting.

I have lots of political stuff to discuss -- like the complete diplomatic breakdown between the US and 3 South American countries, the financial crises, our Biblical Plague weather conditions and Sarah Palin's precocious pre-schooler's grasp of ethics, the Bush Doctrine and foreign policy -- but I've miles to go before I sleep. So ta-ta for now!

Oh, and of course... here is the little tune I sang to myself the entire time I was in Boston.

I'm a sailor peg
And I've lost my leg
Climbing up the top sails
I lost my leg!

I'm shipping up to Boston whoa
I'm shipping up to Boston whoa
I'm shipping up to Boston whoa
I'm shipping off...to find my wooden leg

No comments: