Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I'm a hot, randommess...

You can't get with this


-(Lauryn Hill) The Fugees


I've been reading these graphic novels by Erika Lopez (the Tomato Rodriguez Trilogy) and I love La Lopez because I think she writes really good stories AND she thinks like me and this should frighten you. And me. And her.


Anyway ... Tomato spends alot of time, pages and pictures exploring her identity and place in this world -- professionally, ethically and sexually -- and really in the end, isn't the rest of your identity sort of manifested by your sexuality and your relationships -- both the sexual and not-so-sexual ones -- because, really, aren't we all here to love each other?

I think so.

Not Pollyanna love each other and be damned glad about it -- but really aren't all of our interactions about giving, withholding, frustrating or neutralizing love?


Kinda sorta in-a-way???
At any rate, enjoy yourself tonight with a cup of calming tea and a Hoochie Mama in a muumuu.

3 comments:

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

I agree that's how we manifest our existence. That, and lots of drinking. Well, at least by me!

Pelmo said...

If people quit searching for their identity, there sexuality and all the other bullshit, and just started to live life we would all be a lot happier.

I think all these people that claim they are searching for something for a solution to all these mysteries wouldn't know it it they tripped over it.

La Sirena said...

Nigel -- I agree.

Pelmo -- It wasn't that kind of book. In fact, she was very vocally anti "therapy people".