"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Many years of bartending and being a drinking woman has taught me some very special secrets. I can't repeat most of them. But here are a couple.
1. Always, always, ALWAYS drink a pint of water and take 2 ibuprofen before you pass out -- er, fall asleep.
2. You need a metal shaker -- not glass, not plastic -- shell out 10 bucks at the liquor store and get on with your bad self.
Bad Ass Brandy Manhattans
- 10 count (~2 shots) call or better brandy
- 2 count (big splash) of sweet vermouth
- lots of ice
- marinated (in booze) cherries
Pour the booze over the ice. Shake until your cheeks jiggle and the shaker freezes to your palms. Strain into a glass of your choosing (stemmed if you're classy, plastic if you're already drunk.) Add cherries to taste. (I like 3.)
Practice the same formula with martinis -- only use about a half count of dry vermouth -- or just splash it on the ice, then drain it before adding your vodka/ gin.Buy me a couple of shots and I'll tell you my double-secret super margarita recipe. Happy Friday! I'm going to the bar.