Thursday, May 18, 2006

Crazy Bad: Tybalt (I)


"Why, what is Tybalt?"

"More than prince of cats, I can tell you. O, he is the courageous captain of compliments. He fights as you sing prick-song, keeps time, distance, andproportion;"

(I haven't posted in a while. I was in the midst of typical sirena reactionary weirdness -- and when I finally started creating a post, I realized I had 3 tricky topics in some convulted stew. So here they come -- comprehensible or not -- one at a time.)

But who wouldn't want Tybalt? Handsome, loyal, proud with those mad skills. Prince of cats? How did he get that nickname. Romeo may moon about and say pretty things -- but Tybalt! Aaahhh, now there's a practical woman's man. Not nice, not amorous -- but passionate, loyal and powerful...the caveat of triple earth signs like myself.

And notice, in every movie version of Romeo and Juliet, Tybalt is SEXY!!! John Leguizamo is absolutely in my top five of all-time sexiest men ever (1. Emiliano Zapata, 2. John Leguizamo,
3. Laurence Fishburne, 4. Che Guevara and 5. Clark Gable. And, YES, I am aware that I am really weird.)

And what about Michael York in Zeferelli's version? Ai papi!

No comments: