Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Make Me

I joined a class run by this nurse who will make me quit smoking -- even if I don't want to. Even if the vapors and flavors of burning tobacco leaves are my own personal, private transcendental portal to Krishna's Holy Kiss, she promises to have us all off the nicotine in three weeks... or we don't get to watch the World Series.


P.S. There is homework. I have to go suck down a coffin nail now. Then I have to tell my smoke how much I'm going to miss it when we separate for good in a few weeks before I crush the dwindling butt under my sole. I have to start breaking up with my cigarettes -- that's this week's homework.

My love life has become some weird background pantomime from a Fellini film.

10 comments:

Indigobusiness said...

Congratulations, many people strive for that. Nice photo.

Re smoking:
American cigs have an ammonia chemical that free-bases the nicotine. Makes it much more difficult to kick than other countries smokes (even ostensibly the same brands).

I found this out after living in Central America. I also found that smoking American Spirit tobacco before quiting made it a cakewalk. I rolled their loose tobacco because I didn't like their tailor-made smokes. But either will work, with just a week or two to wean off the other before kicking. I quit last time doing this with only one or two nic patches over a few days. It was a snap.

I miss smoking, though. It's a beautiful thing...voluptuous.

La Sirena said...

Maybe I like the ammonia...

No, Indie, you're right and that's a good tip, thanks! Incidentally, ammonia is your more addictive ingredient found in methamphetamine.

Indigobusiness said...

I didn't know ammonia could be addictive, but it (the ammonia based additive, anyway) releases the nicotine, in full, at combustion. Like crackified tobacco, sort of.

btw What is the pic in the new post?

La Sirena said...

It's a black hole... filled with ammonia ;~)

You might be right that it isn't the ammonia in and of itself that is addictive but rather the way that ammonia makes whatever is being smoked more readily available to the lungs.

Indigobusiness said...

What does the black hole release?

La Sirena said...

Nothing.

Indigobusiness said...

wasted ammonia

La Sirena said...

Hah! Giant smoke rings from a perfect vacuum??? hmmmm...

changapeluda said...

well it looks like a mystic culo to me



word verification
(& i kid you Not)

comelik

La Sirena said...

Hahahahahah!!!

Comelik the mystic culo...