Monday, February 26, 2007

My Dirty Little Secret

Yes ... I am a an anti-establishment, feminist, independent thinker. And I freaking love the Oscars -- rather, the red carpet. I'm dirty and ashamed, but goddess help me how much I enjoy the designer award show dresses....


Here is my favorite.
I really like Penelope Cruz. She's a talented actress. I thought she was magnificent as the ambitiously compassionate nun impregnated by a transvestite in Todo Sobre Mi Madre and I'm looking forward to Volver being released on DVD. Both of those films were written and directed by my favorite filmmaker -- Pedro Almodovar. (Among other artistic contributions, Almodovar made Mujeres al Borde de un Ataque de Nervios -- hilarious, as well as Tacones Lejanos -- a great story with an excellent sex scene. He also discovered Antonio Banderas.)
And this dress! It's a bigger-than-life homage to 1930s glamour. It's like Mae West was crowned a princess by the sunset. It would be so much fun to wear while dramatically sauntering out to the balcony for some night air.
Now go read what the Fug Girls have to say about Kiki "I don't have time to do my hair" Dunst's hideous monstrosity. I agree with all of it -- especially the part about Deadwood.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I absolutely thought that might be the pretties Oscar gown ever.

La Sirena said...

It's pretty spectacular!

Every once in a while I feel like that old song... "I enjoy being a girl!"

Pelmo said...

It took a thousand dollar dress to make her look good.
You look like a million dollars in a ten dollar dress.

La Sirena said...

That's so sweet!

Twit said...

I love being a girl.