Monday, July 10, 2006

In which I kinda gush about witches

My favorite summer TV show is Rock Star . In case you are unfamiliar with the concept, 15 rock singers compete to front an established and famous band. Last year it was INXS and this year it's Supernova -- Tommy Lee's attempt to put a super group together. But that's not really the point...the point is watching the artists performing with the houseband.

So last Wednesday was the season premiere and about 3/4 s through the show Dilana (the woman to right) performs...

...and I thought Hecate herself must have stepped down to possess this woman...

I'm sitting there, entranced and excited, wondering how in the hell Hecate got past the Theocracy's censors...

(which was pretty profane and stupid of me, since she is the triple-faced gooddess of the crossroads as well as the queen of all witches)

Anyway...Dilana is amazing -- you should tune in some Wednesday to watch her perform, or you can watch her last performance on the Rock Star website.

...Beware: She's a hard rocker, witchy type of songstress. Don't expect a soulful harmony. This is the singing of Hecate -- it's the raven croaking tunefully while shooting lightening out of her fingertips. I couldn't sleep for hours after I first saw her. I wanted to go dance in a thunderstorm. Then I had a very detailed spiritual dream which ended with the Igraine helping me pack / unpack for my magic exams...?!!?...

oh and Happy Birthday Dear Oli!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.